Monday 1 March 2010

Mogwai get Gizmo'd


It is well known by everyone who knows me, so I may as well make it fact in the public domain - Mogwai are gods. Everything they touch is met with reverential awe.

So I felt a little annoyed at myself that I found out today that Mogwai are starting up a monthly podcast - AND THE 1ST ONE WAS 2 WEEKS AGO!

Ah well. I will endeavour to pay more attention to the gods. As what they have to display is nothing short of transcendental, and somewhat prescient (seeing as Im doing pieces on both Errors and Veronica Falls atm...)

The rundown of the 'Mogcast', straight from the horses' mouth:

Here is the first of the new monthly Mogwai Rock Action podcast. I’m joined by Steev from Errors who tells us about breaking into his old school to pee in the headmasters office and other fascinating tales.

We also play songs from the new Mogwai live album and the new Errors album as well as lots of records by other people who aren’t us. I hope you enjoy it and please get in touch and let us know what you make of it.


Here's the tracklist they play:

1. David Bowie – Speed Of Life
2. Silver Apples – You and I
3. Burial and Four Tet – Moth
4. Fuck Buttons – Olympians
5. Errors – Supertribe
6. Errors – Beat the Bookies
7. Nas and J Dilla – Made You Look
8. These New Puritans – Three Thousand
9. Veronica Falls – Starry Eyes
10. Kurt Vile – Freak Train
11. Wooden Shjips – Shrinking Moon For You
12. Tangerine Dream – Cloudburst Flight
13. Blind Willie Johnson – Dark Was The Night Cold Was The Ground
14. Mogwai – I Love You, I’m Going To Blow Up You School

To stream or download it, click HERE. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment