Sunday 6 June 2010

When worlds collide


I have done quite a few posts about Liars and Deerhunter in the past couple months - best album of 2010 so far, and one of the best gigs of 2010 (both my opinion of course). So it was a blissful moment when on Friday I stumbled not just a brilliant Liars B-side, but also this cover by Deerhunter. Waaaaaaaaay back in 2007 (how did I miss this???), the cover is of 'Pure Unevil' off Liars' 4th selftitled LP. Both cuts are below.

And I saw Mi Ami and Islets destroy Barden's on Thursday and an awe-inspiring show by the Pixies on Friday night (posts of both gigs to come) - can I be any more in a cyclical bubble of aural orgasm? Probably - but this has taken me almost to the summit.

Liars - Pure Unevil
Deerhunter - Pure Unevil (Liars cover)

No comments:

Post a Comment