Wednesday 27 October 2010

I Like I Like Trains


iLiKETRAiNS - A Father's Son from The Progress Film Company on Vimeo.

This could get confusing. I like iLIKETRAINS or as I should now write it I Like Trains. Although I have to admit that I was maybe in awe of their audacious song writing about historical figures, such as the Spencer Perceval single, two tracks written one from the perspective of Spencer Perceval, the only British Prime Minister to be assassinated (maybe there's an idea in that?) and the flip side written from the perspective of his murderer John Bellingham. The bulls and the imagination to write that has always endeared me iLIKETRAINS, sorry I Like Trains. This goes for tunes like 'The Beeching Report'.

Anyway, I Like Trains have a new album out, He Who Saw The Deep, its a little less history referenced, and post-rock heavy but still as brooding as ever, worth a gander. I thought I'd post their video for the single 'A Father's Son', and taste of the track 'Sea of Regrets'.

I Like Trains - Sea of Regrets. (removed at request)

No comments:

Post a Comment