Monday 16 April 2012

Sonic Masala Wasn't Always Cruel, It Was Only Cruel To Jordan Bolton...Until Today


Such a long, convoluted titled is fitting here. Last year a young kid from Manchester sent me a couple of his songs, namely 'City Daze' and 'Duluoz Nights'. Now I was a fan of these ambient pop grooves, especially the latter track - yet for one reason or another, I never got around to talking about it, or him, on Sonic Masala. In fact, I'm not even sure I emailed him back...

But lucky that Jordan Bolton is a persistent so-and-so, as he chased me up with these two tracks below - and how much difference a few months can make! I'm a massive fan of 'Adelay', a track that deserves to be huge. It has all the elements of great "indie-pop", highlighted by the incessant, will-not-get-out-of-your-head hooks. Bolton does everything here too (except drums...slack...), which further shows how freakishly talented this kid is. Furthermore, give him another few months to continue honing the craft, and hopefully his star will shine.

(Sorry about the diss, man!)

Jordan Bolton - Adelay
Jordan Bolton - Love Was Always Cruel, It Just Wasn't Cruel To Me

No comments:

Post a Comment