Sunday 31 May 2015

Lightning Bolt - Living Legacy In Fantasy Empire Of Their Own Making


I've had about a hundred attempts at writing this over the past few months. All I can say is, Lightning Bolt's new album Fantasy Empire is fucking brilliant. Yes it's more accessible than previous albums (which I'm sure the diehard noise hipsters hate, for they see it as a watering down of the caterwaul); yes it is predominantly "song" based. It is still batshit crazy, frenetic as fuck and probably the best album you will hear this year. I should say more, but I'm sick in bed, watching 70s Bava/Argento horrors and listening to Lightning Bolt. I may not make it through the night. But at least let my dying breath be pushing this amazing album. BEST BAND EVER. You can get it (out on Thrill Jockey) here.

No comments:

Post a Comment